The CPA has launched a series of professional development workshops for members. For further information please contact the Education Coordinator to find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0) 207 183 5583.
Delivered by Dee Honeybun. Dee has a Masters in Ceramics from the Cardiff School of Art and Design. She works at the Contemporary Ceramics Centre and photographs work in the gallery and exhibition pieces for the gallery website and online media. Dee is also an artist and works with moving image (video and photography). She has worked in education for many years and currently works for Eastside Educational Trust delivering projects, including Adobe Youth Voices.
High quality photographic images are essential for the successful promotion of member’s work. A poor quality image may mean that high quality work is overlooked by galleries, selection panels and in the press. The workshops are designed for makers who want to learn how to take and target these high quality images. Inexpensive digital cameras and accessible software make it possible to do this in the ceramic studio.
The workshop covers:
• the importance of backgrounds
• how to use simple lighting
• white balance and composition
• resizing images for web and print
• the type of images that galleries and editorial or PR companies require
• the type of images appropriate for cut-out and lifestyle pages
Enhance your online presence and social media skills Workshops
Delivered by Abbi Kirby. Abbi has a BA Hons in Craft and a MBA in Creative Industries Management, Abbi specialises in researching, writing and delivering training for creatives. More details at www.abbikirby.com. This one day practical workshop helps participants assess, build and enhance their online presence as well as develop an effective social media strategy.
The workshops covers:
- website analysis: an exploration of basic business website communication principles through case studies
- a review of participant’s website in order to effectively brand and market their work
- the development of an action plan
- a review and discussion of online engagement activities such as email, newsletter, blogging and linkedIN
- a guide through the benefits of popular social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- strategies to engage effectively with social media an develop practical approaches to communicating using the internet