CURRENT VACANCY – 1st OCTOBER 2021
Job title: Sales & Subscriptions Manager
Hours: 21 hours per week (60%)
Salary: £25,000 pro rata (£15,000)
Employment type: Permanent, part time
Location: 63 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3BF
Employer: Craft Potters Association
We are looking for a well organised person to join our successful and expanding creative enterprise. We are the UK’s primary force in the art of ceramics, more than 60 years old, on a sound financial footing and with a growing audience. Our activities include a membership organisation, gallery and shop (physical and online), long-running magazine (print and digital), and major live ceramics events around the country. We operate as a mutual non-profit with two subsidiary limited companies.
We have offices below our gallery in Great Russell Street, directly opposite the British Museum in the heart of Bloomsbury, and you will be working surrounded by beautiful objects at the centre of an inspiring creative business. We are currently remote working during lockdown, and some remote working will be possible by agreement into the future.
You will also be part of the CPA’s public face, being part of our presence at various events across the UK, so there will be opportunities for occasional travel.
You will oversee the administration of our membership and subscribers database. While primarily administrative, the position does have some more creative elements, such as implementing our social media posts, compiling a bi-weekly members’ newsletter, and more.
You will have a minimum of two years experience in an administrative role.
The job will suit a systematic and methodical person who likes to work in a stimulating and creative environment.
You will work to the Director, and collaborate with other staff. The role does not carry any downward line management responsibility.
- Central London premises in an attractive environment
- Casual dress
- Flexible hours
- 20 days holiday a year pro rata plus bank holidays
- Industry and general training support options
- Participate in out of office events such as our ceramic art fairs
- Some homeworking is possible
- Ability to shape the role
- Manage Ceramic Review subscriptions & CPA membership accounts – overseeing database, accounting reports and issuing subscription reminders when required
- Developing and sending out membership packs
- Devise and implement marketing and engagement campaigns to increase membership and subscriptions in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and following the marketing strategies
- Liaise with our digital distributor Exact Editions for digital and institutional subscriptions and marketing
- Co-ordinating and staffing the CPA and Ceramic Review‘s presence at shows and fairs
- Compiling the bi-weekly e-bulletin
- Content creation for the Craft Potters Association social media accounts, including the Facebook members’ group – ensuring growth in all brand awareness and engagement.
- Maintaining and administering the Craft Potters Association website
- Preparing the Ceramic Review print run and overseeing physical distribution of the magazine, and pick and pack lists for back issues and occasional orders
- Pursuing external partnerships and seeking additional benefits for members
- Administrating CPA Council elections and the CPA selection process
- Conducting reports and insights for board meetings
- Conducting readership and members surveys when required, roughly every three years
- Process renewals by cheque
- Process overseas distributor and agency orders
- Process Paypal and Direct Debit orders, automating where possible
- Support the Office Manager in handling customer enquiries
- Hard worker with the capacity to enthusiastically take on new challenges
- Highly organised and comfortable in managing your own workload with a variety of tasks
- Good IT skills
- High degree of accuracy, responsibility and attention to detail
- A friendly and attentive team player who enjoys collaborating with others and contributing to the overall success of the organisation
- 2+ years administrative experience
- You have a willingness to learn on the job and participate in the rapid growth and modernisation of the organisation
- An enthusiasm for the arts, and/or ceramics in particular
The Craft Potters Association is a co-operative of makers that has been representing the best makers in British studio ceramics since 1958, and today is the UK’s largest and most diverse ceramics community. With a membership well over 1,000, the CPA links a huge network of ceramists, collectors and enthusiasts from across the country. We are not for profit and owned by our members. We are financially independent and not reliant on any grants or external funding.
We run Contemporary Ceramics, our central London gallery opposite the British Museum, selling work by our members and mounting monthly exhibitions by top ceramicists. Founded in 1960, the gallery recently launched online sales.
Every two months we publish Ceramic Review magazine; the leading voice in international ceramics since 1970 with healthy subscriptions and a fast-rising online profile.
We run three major UK ceramic selling fairs, which have seen rapid rises in audiences over the past few years.
We aim to treat our employees fairly and be open-eared and egalitarian.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following:
1. A CV
2. A cover letter outlining your suitability and reasons for applying for the position in relation to the job description. The letter should be no more than two sides of A4.
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Application deadline: 15/10/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 per year pro rata